Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend Warrior

As promised. No KB's this weekend- well, mostly no KB's.

I borrowed a nice road bike and rode about 60 miles Saturday. Probably rode another 20-30 miles yesterday. Went to a bike swap meet Sunday. Bro'd it up there- it was awesome.

Did no other physical activity EXCEPT while waiting for my riding partners on Sundy, I tired to C&P the 24KG on both sides from the rack position. This has not been a problem on my right side but my left just HAS NOT had the power or tension to get it off of my shoulder and into the press. I have to push to about my jawline and then it goes up.

That's why I have been on the pressing routine. An AOS Forum friend suggested it and told me of his spectacular results on it so I said FUCK IT, dropped the 5x5 I was doing and got on it.

WELL, LONG STORY SHORT I saw FIRST PROGRESS from it!!! I got the 24KG out of the rack doing jsut a press 4 times.. They were singles- I couldn't do it twice in a row but I got it done 4 times. FUCK YES!. If you can do it once, eventually you can do it twice. That's my favorite saying to myself.

When your body isnt ready to do something b/c it isnt prepared- not being able to do EVEN ONE single rep can be so frustrating and disheartening. You have to do all that work just to get one... BUT once you can get one, it's the real deal b/c from there on out.. if you can do one, eventually you can two, etc.. It's all about just doing that one over and over and over and over again. Putting in the work, getting done. I am excited. Soon my skinny ass will be pressing that 28KG.

Today its heavy pressing day- I am jumping to 5 rungs on my ladders with the 20KG's and we'll see how many ladders I get through. After that its all the lower body drills from Providence.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anthony,
Sounds like you had a FANTASTIC weekend! Don't you just love it when at some point you look around and say, "Holy shit, I just did it!" I truly admire your active lifestyle. If ever there were someone who followed the tennets of training to live, it is you, and that is a beautiful thing. Keep up the good work!
Jen
P.S. Sounds like I'm not the only one who waxes philosophical on a regular basis. I struggle with purpose and meaning of a single life--especially since I choose not to procreate. Good to know I'm not alone.