Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Box Jumps Go Awry- Hilarity Does Not Insue

We did field day Tuesday afternoon.

Started off w/ horses (suicides) that were huge- about 60 yards. Did 3 sets. Ouch.

Then I tried sit ups like they did on the Krav Maga episode of Fight Quest. Someone stands on your feet, you sit up and stand up and punch a bag and repeat. I could not do this with someone standing on my feet. I was soooooo pissed. Each time o got aabout 1/2 way standing and fell down. ARG! So instead I did this excercise they do in Crossfit that I cannot remember the name of- its where you lay on your back, roll backwards to where your feet are in the air and then explode rolling forwards and when your feet hit the ground you stand up, then sit roll back down and repeat. Did 5 of those. Seemed hard but doable.

Then off to box jumps on the biggest thing we have available which are the conrete bases for the stadium lights at the baseball field (they are probably about 30" high, I will measure them today when I get home b/c I am now curious). 5 sets of 10 jumps. Guess who missed a jump up on during set 2- ME! HAHA! Ruined my left shin. Pretty sure I fucked up my new tattoo a little bit- probably have to get re-lined in some places but life goes on. Got through all five sets then went back for more horses. 3 more sets. Double ouch!

Then it was 35 yards of komodo walks and 35 yards back of crabwalks.

Then I did 2 more sets of 5 of those crossfit roll-up things.

All I can say is that those CF rollups are the real deal. My abs are sore as hell today from those. Those are my new thing. I'm loving it.

6 comments:

Chris J said...

That situp is really hard, but you don't want the person standing on your feet. I can only get about halfway up too. So don't feel to bad about it.

Anonymous said...

Anthony, they are called deck squats. I want to come and join your group, if I can break away from work! I have some equipment that might make for avery interesting workout. It probably would be next week if thats cool with you. Cheers, Kristian,

Jennifer said...

Oh, GAWD! My shins hurt just reading this!

Anthony C said...

Kristian-

NExt week would be awesome. For the full group come T or TH @ 5:30. We'll see you there. You remember where it is?

Anonymous said...

Can you give me directions again. I dont recall exactly. Cheers,Kristian

Anthony C said...

from I-10 and Shepherd, go north to 11th street, take a right on 11th, go down 3-4 blocks to lawrence st, take a right on lawrence st, go down past 8th to where lawrence dead ends. That's the park we will be at.
See you then.