Friday, March 14, 2008

Fucking Owned

So I did something to my back when I did Providence Wed.. I dont know what. My form was off somewhere. It is sore sore sore and tight. I am really pissed about this.

I tried to work out yesterday on the field. Did a 1/3 mile warm up lap. Did some tire passing up high (core work) and on knees (chest and shoulder work). Then did a wheel of destruction (hitting each tread on tire w/ 18lb sledge going one way on one side, then switch to other side and go around tire again). Then ran some horses (ick).

Then we did tabata sets with the sledge. I got halfway through mine (2 min in) and my back said STOP! It is still tight today.

I am thinking that it is either my swing form or my squats. I have decided my squat form sucks donkey balls and is in need of some serious correction. I will be visiting someone to look into this issue. I leave at the ass crack of dawn on Sunday for a 7 day cruise. There is a gym on the boat. I will be exercising every day so as to keep the massive alcoholic-caloric intake at bay. Think the Battle of Helm's Deep from the Two Towers.

Even at the boat-gym, its going to be all cardio and body wieght. Maybe some leg presses. I need to give my back time to be happy with me again.

DAMNIT!

4 comments:

leslie said...

Do take care of your back! And enjoy the cruise. My husband, when on cruises and just in general life, subscribes to the "worth it" diet. If something isn't worth it, he doesn't eat it. So he doesn't eat mediocre food, ever. Fabulous desserts, however, are definitely WORTH IT!

Again, enjoy!

Tom, Healy, RKC said...

Anthony,

The body doesn't always respond the way we want it to...
I have 3 or 4 people coming on Saturday, plus Charlie will be there, stop by if you want to add to the fun!

Jennifer said...

Have a great time Anthony! We'll be missing your input on the forum!

Anonymous said...

A, always treat a vacation like one! Take the time off to relax, reflect, and regroup. When you get back into town you will feel anew, and ready to kill all the workouts! Just a few works of advice, also you back will thank you! Give me a call when you get back, I want to talk about programming some workouts! Cheers, Kristian.