Monday, March 3, 2008

Existential Fitness- Thoughts on the day

"I know that some days it feels like a 9 to 5 deathmarch.
And that's half the waking day taken away.
I'm pretty sure that we imagined something more.
Don't let that fire in your eyes flicker and fade.
They're experts at extinguishing hope, so you better hold it and keep it sclose.
It's a one-round match; you better grab it by the throat.
And don't let go...
I'd like to say hats off to the slash-and-burn architects,
They know exactly where despair and commerce intersect.
They've sloved the equation for the gold rush, soul-crush;
Three hundred million open mouths choking on the surplus"

-Paint it Black- Labor Day



www.gymjones.com/knowledge.php?id=15
-Mark Twight



That's what I'm feeling today. I dont train to look better. I train to be better- better at what? When people see me training by myself at the park in front of my house, they ask me what I am training for. I always respond with ".. for life".

That's what I'm doing. I'm only here for a bit and I am beyond inconsequential to those outside of my infitessimal scope of associations and influence. I cannot expect that, in totality of humanity, I am a special and unique snowflake- assuredly I am not.

That being said I can only live for me and to a degree for those around me (if I cannot be responsible for myself, how can I possibly expect to take care of others- responsibility is always delgated prima facia to the self).

These things are all somehow related and help me focus and find that spirit of self-awareness and strength when I don't think I have it.

That's all

2 comments:

Chris J said...

That was the last push I needed tonight. It got me off my fat but and actually work out.
100.
50 2hand swings, 53lbs
rest 5 minutes
30 2handed swings, 53lbs
1 minute rest
10 rh swings, 53lbs
10 lh swings, 53lbs


Thanks man

Chris J said...

Please sir Can I have some more.

Not satisfied with the last set,
ladder military press (not strict I need to use my legs and hips to get the 53lbs up in a press).

5 MP
rest 45s
4 mp
rest 45s
3 mp
rest 30s
2 mp
rest 10s
1 mp hold it up for a 5 count.