Thursday, March 13, 2008

Getting it done...

I got home from work at 7:15. I really didn't want to work out and while I was leaving the office I was resigning myself that it wasn't going to happen.

Got home and wife was jogging so I decided to go ride my bike and find her. Rode hard to where she was, rode with her while she jogged and rode hard home. That was enough to get me going. I pulled out Providence and got to work. This time I went down in weight and used the 16KG. That being said- I basically got everything done as prescribed minus the 1LDL's, the triple crush (i used a SMALL WEIGHT)and I took a time out in the damn flip/squat, that drill kills me. I even did the 3min snatch test at the end. I got 2.5 min through it. I took a 30 sec break 2min into it and finished the last 30 sec.

Overall, even though I went down in weight, my near completion feels like progress so I am happy with that. I am also happy I didn't let my complacency get the best of me and I got my body moving when it wanted to just sit there.

I kept telling myself during rounds- "It's only pain..." & that's all that it is really. Once I can accept that and look it in the face, quitting becomes harder.

No comments: