Monday, March 24, 2008

PROGRESS!

So tonite I got it done. 5 ladders with 5 rungs each with the 20KG on heavy pressing day! BANG! I have the rest of the week to do (5 ladders w/ 4 rungs on medium day and then 5 ladders with 3 rungs on light day) BUT next week I am movin on up to the 24KG and I start the ladders all over. I expect progress to go a little slower in that I do not expect to get to 5-5 in 5 weeks BUT by end of summer I WILL be on my pressing routine with the 28KG which will be awesome!

Heavy pressing day was all I did today. I worked on analyzing my squat form for about 30 min and have figured out that it IS what has jacked up my back. It needs work. Somewhere I got lazy and I do not have the flexibility or balance or both and the heavy repetition on the DVD's has brought out that weakness. I am going to let it rest some and really focus on my upper body (pressing etc does not bother it) and once it has recovered it is back and hamstring and ankle flexibility time and I will work my up to being able to squat safely and effectively. Yay me.

2 comments:

Chris J said...

as I learned last week,

Time off is good.

Tom, Healy, RKC said...

Pretty good progress on the presses. Presses are something that takes more effort than other kbell drills. There is no Momentum involved, just get a good clean and press it!