Friday, February 29, 2008

Thursday on the Field "Light Day"

I was really feeling it from the first part of this week so I was going to take it light- which I guess I did, sort of.

We did a "W" workout, 1st KB station TGU singles, 1 a side, jog to 15 pushups focusing seriously on form, jog to tire and do 2 flips, jog to burpees and do 5 burpees, jog to other 24KG KB and do 3R/3L windmills, jog to jungle gym and do 5 pull ups. rest 1-2 min.

repeat W formation 3 times. I had NO GAS doing this. By the third set I wasn't jogging, I was walking. I felt smoked.

After that, Justin did some light, light sparring with me- letting me work on my trapping and mvoement. I haven't practice in 3-4 years. My hands were great- my footwork was dog shit. It's gone be a long road back.

I am NOT doing anything Saturday or Sunday except maybe jog or ride my bike. My body needs a break. I am sore sore sore. Sometimes you have to turn it off.

4 comments:

Chris J said...

I'm hoping to be sore on Sunday. I'm going to do Tabata swings Saturday.

Anthony C said...

good stuff. what weight? if you want to guaranty the soreness, add in about 70+ yards of walking lunges and 70+ yards of frog jumps.

Chris J said...

53 lbs. I don't know if I'll have enough in me to do the extras like the lunges and frog jumps. I know I won't have the space. Everything here is ice and snow covered.

I'm going to try to get my girlfriend to do them with me. She'll be using a 25lbs kb that she got at Dick's sporting goods.

Chris J said...

Just to give you an update. I won't be hurting. I was talked into to using my lighter bell. So I ended up doing the 4 minutes of tabata with 35 instead of 53.

My workout partner was smoked with her 25lb bell, so I didn't do a second set. I'll just have to make it up tomorrow.