Friday, February 22, 2008

Drinks & the morning after payback

No field fun day for me. Had to go to cocktail party for work. That's one set back of commercial real estate- you do A LOT of socializing for work and that socializing involves drinking. I'm not complaining too much but when I got home at 7:30, I was not working out ( the scotch & soda would not have been a good work out partner). Then wife and I went out and met some friends. Got home. Passed out.

Felt like a looser this morning for being a lazy bastard so I took the time to try Newport. I used the 16KG as recommended as I have found out from Anthony D and AOS Providence that I am not an "extremely athletic male" ( which I think translates into being something akin to special forces, elite black ops, Jason Bourne shape)...

I did half of the DVD- the first 4 rounds. It was awesome. My abs are currently FUCKED. Again, pouring sweat, heaving, cursing, hating/loving- all at the same time. I really really like Newport. It's more fun to do than Providence ( not that Providence doesn't make me feel like a bowl of Jello- 'cause it does)... It's that Newport seems more dynamic and uglier. There is also probably something there that has to do with it being " only 8 rounds" where as Providence is like 15 or something... Now mind you, those "8 rounds" are all 3-5 min which is where the rubber hits the road but in my head- it SOUNDS shorter.

Side note- I HATE working out in the morning. My body tries to revolt. David and I tried a year and a half ago to get into the habit of hitting the bells at 6-6:30AM and we just couldn't stick with it. My body would not work. It was like running in peanut butter. Newport this morning wasn't like that. It was hard but not harder than it would have been at 5:00PM. Now question-is it true that working out in the AM, just after waking up, is better for your metabolism b/c you are burning storage vs what you have accumulated during the day? Anyone? Thanks.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Honestly, from everything I've read, it seems like a wash. I will tell you that I started working out first thing when I get up because I can more dependably get a workout in that way. Initially I HATED it, took way too long to get the wheels rollin' but with time I have become accustomed to it. Strangely enough, when I do get in a mid-day workout (which for me is like 1 am), it stills seems stronger than the early workouts.