Wednesday, February 20, 2008

It was a psuedo-full house with me, Jonathan, Justin, Jared and Luis for fun fun fun on the field. We warmed up with single tire flips, each of us rotating through in a line. We walked the field both ways doing that so about 140yards worth. Then we got down to good old fashioned body weight excercises mixed with cardio. We did

20 push ups- 60 yards bear walking- 20 push ups- 60 yards crab walking

30 yards wheel barrow walks then switch jobs and 30 yards wheelbarrow walking back

then it was time for fireman's carries (we do this at a brisk jog) 70 yards with Luis on my back (hes about 160) then Luis carried me back 70 yards to starting point. We did this twice. Being carried is just as much work as carrying b/c you have to keep your core so tight so you dont vomit. After two rounds of being carried I was pretty close.

Next up walking lunges with kettlebell or vest for 35 yards. I used the 20KG KB. Then it was drop the KB and komodo walks (see below on komodo walks) the rest of the 35 yards to the end of the field. Then we walked the 35 yards back to Kbs and repeated 35 yards walking lunges back to start. I used the 40lb X-Vest on the way back. We were finished and smoked.


Komodo walks are the devil. Explaining it will be difficult but Justin was a college football palyer and they made them do these. I'm going to give it a try and when I fail I wil just put up some video of Justin doing them...
Imagine being in a pushp up position. Bring your left knee up to your chest and put it out to side so your hip is dropping toward the ground. Then your left hand moves forward away from your body so now your left knee is about even with your right hand and your left hand is on ground out in front of you. Your chest is off of the ground and your right arm is bent at about 90 degrees, supporting your body weight like bottom part of a push up.... from there you walk. right hand and right leg move forward and left and knee stay planted so you end up in reverse position.... then repeat.
SERIOUSLY THIS IS SO HARD. RUINS your arms and core. I know that verbal description sucked so I'm going to get Justin to demo it for some video footage on Thursday and I'll get it up on here. It's WOW.

4 comments:

Chris J said...

I look forward to the video. I want to see it, so I can use it in my martial arts class. The kids are going to hate me.

Anthony C said...

yes they are. they will curse your name and the names of your offspring- this excercise is THAT awesome.

Chris J said...

"they will curse your name and the names of your offspring"

You say that like they don't already. Ok it's more the adult class that curses me, being kids, the kids class usually take the hardest I have to throw at them, and make it look easy.

Burpees, no problem, they love them. Super Planks they complain when we stop. Bear crawl races, they whine when we're done. They can't really do gator crawls, last time I tried, because they have problems with pushups, but they're getting better. They're great at pumps.

Anthony C said...

kids are rubber-maid.