Friday, May 30, 2008

Body Weight Excercises take more out of you than joggin...

I learned this yesterday. Modified "W" workout on the field to go along with our baseline test on BW excercises.

I warmed up with 10 KB burpees (you do a DL w/ 2 KBs instead of the jump and you keep your hands around the bell handles the whole time)

Then 3 rounds of...

10 burpees- 25 yard komodo walk- core exercise (R1: janda sit-ups; R2: descending twists a-la-Newport; R3: planks/plank side crunches)- 30 yard frog walks (step, drop to frog position, up step, drop repeat)- 25 pushups STRICT form- 30 yards frog leaps- KB rows w/ 28KG R/L, sprint back 70 yards. 30 sec rest. Repeat for 2 more rounds.

Then did 4 70 yard sprints, 15 sec rest between each.

After this I was dead. This was really a great deal harder than I thought it would be. It killed my legs, the very bottom part of thigh muscles just were totally dead.

Today will be off day.

1 comment:

leslie said...

Hey Anthony -- You forgot to add "and I loved more than you can possibly imagine!" at the end of the description of your workout!

:) Have a great weekend!