Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Short Summary on Some Things

In no particular order-

1. Sprints are the new crack. I love the way they make me feel. Its total self-destruction minus the negative side effects that usually go with self destructive behaviors.

2. While sprinting, I can actively feel myself undoing the damage I did to myself by stupidly starting to smoke.

3. I love me, I'm still smoke free.

4. I am bringing my other 20KG KB to the office tomorrow and I will be leaving it there. When I get antsy at work (which happens a lot- I'm fidgety by nature, I drink too much coffee, when I get bored I watch CF videos etc on youtube and get amped), I'm going to start GTG with snatches and my arch nemesis- the bent press and the sots press.

5. The new Life Long Tragedy record is SICK AS FUCK. It makes we want to put my head through a wall... in a good way.(http://www.deathwishinc.com/listennow/33/)

6. I have body issues. I don't think they will ever go away.

7. I want to open a KB/alt fitness gym (a-la-PUNCH Gym Houston)- I need more partners b/c I am cash-broke at the moment and I estimate start up costs in at about more than I have right now. Anyone interested drop me a line.

8. Make it count today. I sure as hell am going to- I'm talking total destruction... shaking, weak-in-the-knees, vomiting, praying for death- the total satisfaction of knowing you left NOTHING on the table... because in a world where all you can control is yourself and your own actions it is a great thing to be reminded that you choose what you want to do and can make yourself choose it, especially when it isn't easy, fun, or even pleasurable- although it benefits you in the end. Bring on the field motherfucker and I hope its ready for me because today there will be no excuses, no mercy, no quitting.

5 comments:

Ryan W said...

Thanks for this. Your blog is awesome. Makes me want to go straight home and snatch until I vomit. Out of curiosity, what do you do for a living? I dont think I can get away with sticking some kettlebells under my desk. I would love to though.

--a fellow Houston Kettlebeller

Chris J said...

I wish I could make it count today. I have hardly been home at all this week. That meant no kettlebells. I took the one I keep in the car out Sunday and didn't put it back in until today.

So I have 2 16kg kettlebells. I'm used to working with 1 or 2 24kg bells. Which means when I go to the park tonight to watch my girlfriend to play softball, the most I can do is 16kg worth of work. 70lbs for kb thrusters though.

leslie said...

Your intensity inspires me, and way to go on being smoke free!!!

Anthony C said...

ryan-

beleive it or not, i am a commerical real estate broker.

if you're in houston you are always welcome to come and join us at the park in the heights where we work out...

Jennifer said...

Very nice post, Anthony. You do help me keep my head on straight, keep me honest,help give me some drive. Thank you! I wish I were in Houston. I'd LOVE to be in on a gym project like that. I guess I'll have to settle for making it out to the park some day. And I will go that at some point.