Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday

I went to the conditioning class at that MMA gym. It was awesome. Did a crossfit WOD called "SAMMY"- 185lb dead lifts (scaled down for me to 135), 33" box jumps, and 70lb KB swings sets of 21, 15, 9, done for time. I did it in 10:15. I was trying really hard to get a sub 10min time but I couldn't do it. The box jumps fucked me up. So hard after the dead lifts.

I have never done high rep DL's like that and I am happy to say I ate them alive. I cranked those out no problem and the swings were like an active rest. Sheesh. 21 was the most we did and the 9, even though it was the very last part of the workout was butter compared to 300swings in 12 min. But the box jumps though- wow.

I felt so good when I was done. Like I exorcised some devils from my mind. Most certainly the best $10 I could have spent today.

After the WOD we played "rage ball" where everyone stands in a circle and plays think-fast-hot-potato with a bunch of 20+lb medicine balls for about 10 min straight. That was a lot of fun but it got old fast. My little arms got really tired.

That's what I've got.

No comments: