Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Getting it out..

Last nite I went to Ju Jit Su (used to be Vee Jit Su, now seems more traditionally focused)and I did the conditioning class beforehand.

I haven't been able to eat lately. I have to force food into my mouth and the entire experience is not enjoyable. I have to fight off nausea the whole time- fucking nerves. That being said, I didn't eat that much yesterday. Burning all of those calories in the conditioning class was interesting. I got kind of loopy towards the end of the actual Ju Jit Su portion of things.

In the conditioning class we did 3 rounds of
2 min mountain climbers
1 wall climbers (high stepping with hands on wall)
100 calf raises
20 3-way crunches (L,R,&Middle make 1)
20 special push ups (facing partner, push up, shake right hands, push up shake left hands, that's 1)

then we did some holding wall squats.

then we did sprints down end of gym and back counted as one and we alternated between push ups and crunches at end of each down&back sprint. we could choose our own rep # so I did 10 push ups & 20 crunches each time.m we did this for a total of 10 rounds but it was non-stop, there were no breaks. I wound up going for 11 or 12 rounds, cant remember but I really wanted to push myself and I did. When I was finished I was lying on my back, not being able to breath and my heart thundering in my chest. It was exciting b/c while I was doing it my mind was elsewhere. I was free.

I got up to Ju Jit Su after that and ran through some basics for 2 hours. That was good too. The whole time I didn't think about anything except the technique I was supposed to be working on. The freedom in that was priceless. Also when I got home I was physically wrecked. I ate a sandwich and collapsed. I wasn't instantly happy BUT I had no physical signs of stress that have been killing me- shortness of breath, tight chest, nausea, all-over body tension etc.

I am going to have to do that to myself again today on my own. At the very least today is medium pressing day. There might be some snatches in my future too- of the high repetition genre. We shall see.