Friday, April 18, 2008

Running the hill...

Yesterday, Thursday, I went and met the guys at the hill on Allen Parkway- HOLY SHIT.

That was so hard. We ran sets of 4. Up and down counted as 1. So 4 times, 1 min rest, 4 times, 2 min rest, 4 times, 40 sec rest, 3 times 40 sec rest, 2 times 20 sec rest, 1 time up at an all out sprint.

I have to say if I would have been by myself I know I would not have done this much. After the first set I thought I was going to die and I might not be able to do more. Obviously that was not correct. My friends pushed me and not only did I hang in there. I came really close to ebing the first to finish each set. It was a total head-fuck getting through all of that and that last sprintup felt so good! I was screaming the whole way. I lost my mind a little bit, seriously.

By the end I was heaving breath and my legs were just jello. I can still feel it right now. I felt good about that workout. I am taking it easy today and tomorrow I might do some KB core work, nothing serious. And Sunday I am going to a group conditioning class that is supposed to be BRUTAL. We shall see.

3 comments:

leslie said...

Wow. Nothin' more -- just wow!

leslie said...

Ok, so I guess I've got more. Why do you workout as hard as you do? This inquiring mind wants to know! You can answer wherever you want to, but you can email me at lgandy at starstream dot net if you want. Also, we still need to "talk" vegetarian!

Jennifer said...

whether or not life itself is getting better, I'm so glad to see that you are clawing your way out of the abyss into which it had flung you. sometimes in those situatuions, there is nothing better than an absolute masochistic hell-beating. I am so glad to see it.