Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back on Track

So yesterday I started my new plan. I went to the gym-gym (lame) at 4PM for a circuit of deadlifts and bench presses. I didn't go super heavy (which is my long term goal) but I went heavy enough to feel it in the bench. I did a 45lb plate on each side of the bar for bot the DL's and the BP's. I did 5 rounds of 5 reps alternating between each with about 5-30 seconds rest between each set. Cranked it out in about 17 minutes.

Then I went home and met the guys at the park to work on the 1000lb tire challenge. The goal is to be able to do it from the ground, unassisted. That's gonna be hard and take a long time. I got it up with less blocks of wood under it than last time but I did that with Jonathans help. I did about 10 warm up flips on the 550lber. Then I went at it as show in the video by myself, didn't happen. Then I went at as shown in video, got it done with the assist. Then I did it with more blocks under it and I got it up on my own but couldn't transition it to get it above my hips. That transition is a BITCH!



Either way I am back and today is field conditioning day. Then tomorrow will be heavy squats, leg presses and rows. Then tomorrow nite I am going to check out this MMA gym where my friend Jason trains. The Ju Jit Su I am doing is awesome and traditional and I respect it but I need something more full contact at the moment. So tomorrow I go find out what that's all about.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Damn, I'm glad you're back! Go get 'em.