Monday, July 21, 2008

SUCK IT TREBECK!

So I posted something on the AoS Forum about knowing what you can't do and how that's really a load of shit- I was talking to myself in regards to accomplishing the "corn-cob pull up".

Well I'll take a second helping of that today. I was trying to figure out what to do- I wasn't feeling a DVD. I felt like if I did anything else I would half-ass it- it was an existential dilemma. Then I got a mass email from David Whitley with this workout in it-

"Kettlebell burpee + Double snatch:5 reps, after the last rep, walk with the KBs in the overhead lockout position for 10-20 yards.
Complete 3-5 rounds.

Kettlebell burpee + Deadlift:5 reps, after the last rep, walk with the KBs in the farmer carry position for 10-20 yards.Complete 3-5 rounds."
I read that and I was excited about it but I saw it called for double snatches.... double snatches- the enemy. I have not been able to do them. It's a mental block, it freaks me out moving that much metal over my head at once. I can flip that tire- so I know I can generate enough full-body power to pul off the double snatch, it just scares the hell out of me.
So I get home and make up my mind to do the workout and I'll figure out what to modify for hte double snatches. I grab 2 20KGs and 2 24KGs and walk them out to the park (that was my warm up). While walking them out there I said to myself FUCK IT! You can do the double snatch and not only can you but you will do it.
I did 3 rounds of KB Burpees + double snatches to walk-outs with the 20KGs, 3 rounds of KB Burpees-double cleans to rack walks with the 24KGs, and 5 rounds of KB BUrpees+deadlifts to farmer's carries with the 24KGs.
I am fucking amped! I didn't think I could do that but I did. I did it. Me. I told myself to shut up and eat it. Now those double snatches weren't the prettiest ever, especially come round 3- but I could 3 rounds of 5.
AND I took video. Here is round 1 of each workout group
Group 1

Group 2

Group 3

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

HEEYULL YAYUH!

leslie said...

Holy crap. As Tony would say, you BROUGHT IT!!!