Monday, July 7, 2008

p90X...

I found it today. Looked into it- was interested. My lower back is really tight from the law mowing and Firepower yesterday so I didn't want to do Newport today. (Don't worry, I will still do NP twice and FO once before Sunday so as to stick with my plan).

Due to the tightness, I decided to check out the p90X chest and shoulder workout- FUCK. It was hard. Period. First round I did some decent #ers (even though my pull ups SUCKED, i think its b/c bar i have inside is too low, its in a door frame. outside i have the jungle gym bars i can hang from- at least that's what I'm telling myself). The second round though- I sucked. Hard. I pushed too hard first round and died the second round. I hit all my goals for round 2 but they were very much scaled down. At least I had an accurate idea of what I could do.

My chest feels a little worked but shoulders feel wrecked! RUINED! Like Sodom & Gomorrah after G-D's wrath. They are so swollen and shaky. I like it.

Now- what I don't like is the p90X guy- I'm sure he's a great guy and all but he is just not my cup of tea. A little too X-TREME- like a Mountain Dew commercial + a little too much bro-seph attitude. I also don't like how the system sells itself with the talk of "ripped" whatever and "swollen guns". I'm sure its working for them and that's great and I'm sure its getting people into what appears to be a serious, effective workout plan (that includes a good looking diet plan I might add) but part of me (most of me actually) has a really hard time swallowing that. That's why I love Anthony D and his A0S products- ZERO bullshit, very little buzzword marketing (I say very little b/c all marketing is buzzword oriented).

I also don't like how they try and sell you their supplements and protein bars. Just my personal pet peeve. That being said, was p90X chest/shoulders hard- HELL YES. Can I hold my shoulders upright currently- HELL NO. Do I feel slightly nauseous- YES.

Take that for what it's worth and I apologize for the incessant amount of parenthetical comments.

1 comment:

leslie said...

My husband does P90X as part of his workout routine, and really likes it. I've done a few of the workouts, and I understand what you're saying. I guess that's why there are LOTS of workout options, right?

Incidentally, today has been a day of emotionally scraping the bottom of the barrel. So you are not alone. Hopefully things will look up soon...