Sunday, July 6, 2008

Opening fire in Firepower

I did AoS Firepower for the second time today. While the performance wasnt rockstar, I'd say I stepped up to the plate and met it head on. I took very few breaks- only on the double alt cleans, seesaw presses (damnnit! i really wanted to get through this one but it wasnt happening) and the fig8 tactical lunges. I was getting so tired/weak on those I was almost falling. Aside from that, I feel like I did pretty damn good on this one-I feel good about a workout for the first time in about 3 weeks.

Score one for the good guys today.

1 comment:

Tom, Healy, RKC said...

I tried the firepower yesterday and everything was fine until the alt double cleans. Very hard to start out with those then have 3 more exercises to go.
Question - is the 5 minute snatch set to be done after you finish your second run through or is it part of the first run?
I did the snatch set and I was toast. So I never made it to the second run through.
I have a couple of questions about Newport and Providence too...
Tom H