Monday, July 28, 2008

did i get it....?

i personally dont think so. i tried snatching the two 24KGs today. I tried it twice, both attempts are in the video below. the first was almost there- at the very end they sort of go around my hands instead of over them- i don't think i should count it (opinions from you all as i'm brutal on myself)

After this I got down to business with a modified version of the double KB workouts from last week.

3 sets of 5: KB burpee+double clean w/ 24KGs fifth rep 36 yard rack walk
3 sets of 5: KB burpee+deadlift w/ 24KG fifth rep 36 yard farmer's carry.then to BBall court for the following using two 24KG bells once, all the way through, without stopping-overhead rack walks down, rack walks back, farmer's carries down, alt rack walk right side back, alt rack walk left side down.

this SUCKED. my forearms and hands were wrecked! i finished it off w/ a snatch ladder. i am working on my numbers using hte 24KG on snatches. i have decided to start training for the RKCwhen I can take it. today I did one set of 1-3 ladders, non-stop. that video is here-

after those i was dead. went in, amde dinner, ate, then went back out and mowed the yard with the push mower. that was the last nail in the coffin. i am so sore this morning workout this afternoon is going to be hilarious

2 comments:

Chris J said...

I still think you did better than I did. The bells didn't throw you so off balance that you had to jump not to eat dirt.

I'd count the first one. It was a little wavy, but for being new to that action with that weight, I'd count it.

Ryan W said...

Keep going with the snatches. You'll get there. Your last post mentioned body weight, and I think it does make a difference on the snatches. Its much harder than a 200 lb guy snatching the 24kg. I think the extra body weight helps generate the momentum. If the RKC numbers seem crazy, you should look at the requirements to achieve the various rankings, such as Master of Sport in Kettlebell competition. Ridiculous numbers and you have to move up to the 32kg.