Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Never Quit

Yesterday every inch of my being wanted to give up, call in the mayday-officer-down, and lie down and wait for Jesus to come back.

When I got home I immediately changed clothes, put on Newport, and waent to work. And the strangest thing happened- I had my best day at Newport ever. I even, for the first time, did the hot potato drill like its supposed to be done and I did it with the 16KG (I only did it for about 10 secs @ a time with a 5 sec break and then 10 more sec BUT I did it).

Other exercises went well too. I did more of them, I was less out of breath and less dead. It felt good- until round 6 and I started to die. Usually I die after round 4. This time around it was round 6 where I hit the wall. I always forget that the ab round is included in the timer in round 6 so i think I have to do that squat kick/overhead lunge longer than I do.

Still no sots presing in Newport. I'm going to start GTG with them when I am fresh. By the time it gets to the squat press round in Newport there is no way in hell I can try to successfully SP- I did try yesterday, hard, but my body laughed at me. Instead I did presses from the rack for the time bar alotted for the SP.

It will be going down soon. Maybe in another 1-2 months Newport will be my new girlfriend and then I can go up in weight on it.

Im using the heavier bells on field days (24KG-28KG) so I can keep my body used to using them.

4 comments:

Fitgirl-ATX said...

Anthony,
I'm so proud of you for conquering that sucka as well! I thought of you while I was doing the workout and couldn't imagine how you're able to do it with such heavy weight! Moving up in weight will be my next step. You do know there's a harder version of Newport, right? I own it. Anthony remade the original version b/c Pavel said it was too hard, and he released the version that you have. The original version has 1 minute ab drills added to every round, before the 1 min rest. Let me know if you ever want to borrow it.
Keep rockin' brother!
NK

Chris J said...

Rock it like you already own it. Good Job.

Anthony C said...

thanks yall. Btw- that version you're talking about Nia IS the version I have. HAHA! After each round there is a 3 second pause to "hit the deck" for abs. Its not even really a pause. Its barely enough time to get on the floor to do it. You literally almost have to hit the deck to keep up with Anthony D.

Fitgirl-ATX said...

I'm so glad that you were able to cop the original Newport! I know what you mean about the 3 seconds not being enough. LOL.

Say, when you do the punch matrix, do you feel the stress in your shoulders as you get tired? I am probably using my shoulders to hold me up in the push up position & plank the more tired I get with that exercise.

hope all is well!
NK