Thursday, July 3, 2008

Helping the environment AND my fitness goals...


sounds weird huh?

Well, today I officially bought an old-timey push mower and stopped paying someone to cut my yard.

My yard was out-of-control high so this first round with the new push mower was hard as fuck. I'm still sore from Newport yesterday so my back, my shoulders, my legs AND my lungs got killed mowing hte yard. It was AWESOME.

I burned a ton of calories. Got my heart rate up. Worked some muscles AND got a some house work done. ON TOP OF THAT- I am saving money on not paying a yard man, not buying ridiculous-priced gas, and not putting that much more waste into the atmosphere.

It is a win-win proposition all around. Only down side was my neighbors all looked at me like I was certifiable- but they already do that anyway thanks to the tire and the bells.

No comments: