Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sweating Blood

I took Wed and Th off. I fucked up this week. Got super bummed. Drank too much Wed. Didnt sleep at all Wed nite so no work out Th. I took my head out of my ass yesterday and did the 15/15 6 rep cadence VO2MAX snatch protocol with the 16KG. This time I remembered to protect my hands and I got through 50 of the 80 reps. Thats 8 more that I got last time (my first attempt).

It was fucking hard. Again I was pouring sweat and sucking wind by the time I was done. My lungs probably had 6-10 sets left in me but my lower back was done. It was fatigued and getting tight so I felt like it was time to throw in the towel. I will do it again next week and see if I can get 56-60 sets. 60 would make me happy b/c honestly I think if I could hit 60, I would push on through to 80 if at all possible.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What's going on with your form that your back is hurting? I can hit 80 with my 12 and my back does fine.

Anthony C said...

it might be that my back isnt strong enough. i NEVER do any kind of snatch volume. i have never gotten close to doing 300 snathes in my life.
either that or my form sucks. i'll take some video and post it and you can take a look.

Jennifer said...

yeah, do that. get some video from the front and from the side.

Anthony C said...

also hurting isn't the right word. it felt tight, like when your back gets tired and fatigued from dead lifts or swings. but video up today none the less.

Jennifer said...

Work wont let me get video will check it out ASAP.THX