Sunday, December 28, 2008

Man Makers

Friday I didn't work out. Yesterday I did and it got serious.

3 rounds,heavy.

3 24KG man makers (these with the two 24KG are brutal on me. its almost 70% of my bw)
5 windmills R/L
4 20KG double snatches to military press
4 get-up sit ups R/L

finish with alt leg raises, planks, descending twisting crunches from Newport.

The double snatches to MP I just kind of made up on the fly. It was actually pretty challenging on my shoulders from dealing with catching the weight overhead at he top of the snatch, then bringing back down to the rack and instead of going back btw my legs and my hips/core taking the weight, it stayed in the rack for the press and came back to it one more time. I really felt it. Give it a shot and see what you think.

3 comments:

Chris J said...

What is a man-maker. I've been seeing it around everywhere, but no one has ever agreed with what I first read one was

Anthony C said...

i take it from Mike Mahler's version

kettlebell burpee, at top of push up position- RR right, RR left, explode back up to a double clean, then double MP, back to ground and repeat.

leslie said...

I'm happy to just sit on the sidelines and cheer you on, rather than actually tackle this workout. It sounds tough. I'm hoping it left you physically exhausted and (more importantly) emotionally at peace.