Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Its cold.

No Strength in Motion. I got home late. I was depressed. It was cold as fuck.

I'm from Houston, TX- "cold as fuck" is a technical term that refers to temperatures below 50F. I know a lot of yall are Yankee-assholes and that's ok. The war's been over for a long time and we can be friends. But please understand, while I know it gets to like minus-300 degrees where you're from and sub-50F is tennis & crumpet weather- I, however, live in a fucking swamp 50 miles from the Gulf of Mexico! GULF OF MEXICO. It's a GULF... Furthermore, to explicate further this whole 'swamp aesthetic' for those of you unfamiliar with this ecosystem- swamps are NOT supposed to get that cold. Resultantly, I don't take to well to the cold and last nite it was fucking cold. 'Nuff said.

Due to my disapproval of mother nature's newest curve ball, I was going to work out inside but when I got home I just couldn't do it. I grabbed two 20KG bells and walked the 100yards or so to the BBall court to get serious.

I did 4 laps around the court to warm up then a 5x5 workout of

A1
Double snatch-to-double squat

A2
see-saw press

Finish with modified ab rounds from AoS Newport straight through, no break-
plank 30 sec
16R/L Single leg raises
plank 30 sec
descending twists 10-2 for 3 rounds straight
30 sec plank

100 yard farmer's carry back to the porch.

While it wasn't SiM, this workout was the real deal. I REALLY recommend that double-snatch-to-double-squat. It's the real motherfuckin deal.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yep, I'm loving the double snatch to squat thing.
AND I'm definitely commiserating with the cold thing. Anything under 60 brings out the UnderArmor.

Anonymous said...

As a fellow Texan, I feel ya! Yes, I currently reside in the glamorous and ever-so-swampy Baton Rouge, but...i'm still a proud Texan! IT GETS COLDER THAN A WITCH'S TIT IN A BRASS BRA OVER HERE because it's that damp cold! I swear, it feels colder here than in Lubbock where we'd get lots of snow!