Saturday, August 2, 2008

Magic 50 gets more magical

I decided to do the magic 50 friday. I wanted something quick but that would still be challenging. I thought of something I hadn't done in a while- the magic 50. I want to get my #ers up with the 24KG so I decided to do the M50 with that- it was hard. It was not quick. I would like to believe thad had I used the 20KG I would have banged it out. But with the 24KG. FUCK. I only took 60 second breaks after round 1 and round 2. The rest were like 3 min breaks. Snatches with the 24KG kill me. Its like my grip isnt strong enough and my body isnt strong enough. The gap in the ease of use for me between the 20KG and the 24KG is ridiculous.

Today, at some point, I'll do p90X chest and back to get in my pushups and pull ups. Overall right now my body feels weak. It might be b/c I just woke up. I'm going to do Newport on Monday- or Smoking Ladders! I want to get in cardio but I want more strength training and SL should do just that.

1 comment:

Ryan W said...

Do you have a heavier kettlebell than the 24kg? It may help get your snatch numbers up to practice swinging a heavier bell.