Wednesday, August 20, 2008

no witty title today.

I did 2 rounds of the following. Was going to do 3 but got got tied up with life when it showed up on my doorstep.

alternating btwn BW drills and KB drills.

Round 1-
3 corn cob pull ups
4R/4L 24KG windmills
30 reg push ups
4 squats w/ double 24KGs
4 two&two pull ups (2 overhand/switch grips at hang/2 under hand, repeat)
10 diamond push ups
40 yard double 24KG KB rack walk

Round 2-
8 reg pull ups
4R/4L 24KG windmills
20 military style push ups (elbows tight against body)
4 squats w/ double 24KGs
10 underhanded pull ups
25 elevated push ups
50 yard double 24KG KB rack walk.

I would have done more #ers on the push ups and pull ups but i was preparing to do 3 or 4 rounds. if i knew i was only going to do 2 rounds, i would have done a shit ton more push ups and more pull ups (i can do WAY more push ups than pull ups- not even comparable).

i will say this, rack walking with double 24KG's is hard. and squatting 2 24KG's is even harder. can someone tell my why i can squat 104lbs no problem but squatting 104lbs btwn 2 KBs is hard as shit. i feel like my body is going to explode from the tension in it.

even though i only did 2 rounds- I am sore today. opinions on this workout? anyone?

2 comments:

Chris J said...

I like it. I still wish I could do the corncob pullups.

As for the squats, the only thing I can think of is distribution of weight. When I used to do weighted squats (without kb), the bar would be across my back, so think 3 points of contact. Shoulder, neck, other shoulder. with the kb, you have the weight with just 2 points of contact, and forces even more muscles to play the game

Jennifer said...

That's one kickin' workout, Mr. Calleo. You make me look like a school girl.

I agree with Chris with regard to the weight distribution thing. You can just more-or-less let the weight sit on your shoulders when it's on a bar, but when the bells are racked, you really have to recruit more muscles.