Monday, August 4, 2008

A "Good Idea"

i got tattooed saturday around my wrist and forearm area so no bells on the wrists for a few days. i wanted to make it count monday so i decided to do a lower body workout. i came up with this in my head-
4 rounds back to back squats w/ 28KG + ten 18" box jumps (done for speed)
70 yards walking lunges
w/ two 24KG KB Athletics KB/Burpee set substituting burpee w/ KB Burpee+DL (10 swings, 1 KBBDL, 10 swings, 2 KBBDL etc to 10 swings, 10KBBDL)
4 rounds behind back squats (6-8)
70 yards walking lunges back down field.

let me tell you something. squats/box jumps no prob. some leg cramping and some missteps on the jumps do to non-stop leg destruction but it got done.
walking lunges, no prob there either. bang. done.

then get to my modified swing/burpee combo. wow. i misunderstood my abilities there. i got through sets 1-3 and then hit hte wall. took me forever to get to set 5. after 5 i turned off the camera. i made the decision in my head to get through all 10 sets come hell or high water. i did. but it was horrible and hard. so hard. that whole protocol probably took me almost 18 min to get the 10 sets. sets 8, 9, and 10 all left me seeing stars and almost falling down b/c my legs were wrecked. carrying the bells back to my porch was an ordeal in itself.

needless to say i did not get the behind the back squats or the rest of the walking lunges. did i mention that it was 104 degrees outside? my legs are wrecked today. so so so sore.

video below of the squats and box jumps. i couldnt post the swing/KBBDL video. it was too big cause it took so long + it was kind of pathetic.

No comments: