Monday, August 11, 2008

On Repeat

"I've lost all the time that I have in this world, I've spent it unwisely, unwisely you see- And I can't get it back and I can't move forward, I'm broken and I'm empty, it's over for me

If I could undo all the wrongs that I've caused, fall to my knees pray for swiftness and just, for I'm just a fool, a fool driven to dust and the world ain't gonna change for me

So give me one more chance to prove these problems and frustrations aren't just manifested memories we're destined to repeat- a second chance to prove I know right from wrong, I swear I'll do things different but can't promise to be strong

So come on all you losers, you bastards and cheats, vagrants and barflies down on the streets, follow this path to salvation, vindication awaits- we're marching on East Broadway streets tonight

If you can look into this old face and try to see the young man, I swear I once was pretty, not the monster you now see, but I squandered all my chances, lost my faith and took for granted this life and precious one chance, the whirlwind I'll reap

If I could undo all the wrongs that I've caused, fall to my knees pray for swiftness and just, for I'm just a fool, a fool driven to dust- and the world ain't gonna change for me

So come on all you losers, you bastards and cheats, vagrants and barflies down on the streets, follow this path to salvation, vindication awaits- we're marching on East Broadway streets tonight "
- "Bastards on Parade"- DKM

No comments: