Sunday, August 31, 2008

Southern Kettlebell Ho-Down

So.... the illustrious Jen B of AoS fame and OnceAroundVenus fame showed up for a hangout sesh in Screwston this weekend and did we ever have one fuck-of-a-good-'ol-southern-time. Let me tell you-

Friday we introduced her to real mexican food and the den of sin known as the chocolate bar. We called it in early for hte inevitabole workout on Sat morning.

Sat at 10AM I introduced Jen to my park, the field, and the tire. We did a W workout that was swings, pushups, tire flips, deck squats, snatches, sprint back.

This was my first workout since Monday b/c from Tuesday until Friday afternoon I was on the couch all week sick as hell. This workout destroyed me. We did 3 rounds and after the 3rd round thought I was going to die. I probably wasn't physically ready for that kind of intensity but Jen was in town all the way from NE Tennessee so what could I do but suck it up and attempt to show her that all the bullshit she reads on here is in fact- not bullshit. I think I might have succeeded.

Nia from Austin is jsut outside of town as I type, Jen is on her way over and we are going to brunch- I know how urbane BUT there will be much fun and talk of kettlebelling.

Expect some pictures later.

4 comments:

Chris J said...

I was wondering if that was who you were expecting.

If I had known, and had enough advanced notice, I would have came and crashed your little party.

ATOM ANT said...

Can't wait for the photos

Fitgirl-ATX said...

Anthony,
Thanks for an awesome brunch, brother, and for letting me know that Jen B was coming to town! I had a great time, and am glad that we all had a chance to get together socially (even though we did talk about KB's alot - what did you expect, though?? LOL). Looking forward to seeing the pictures! Thanks for the hospitality. Keep me posted the next time someone comes to town from the forums b/c I'll be there!
See you soon,
Nia

Sandy Sommer, RKC said...

As I wrote to Jenn, I am friggin' jealous. I love your posts and hers too. Thanks for being you!