Monday, August 11, 2008

Starting Over

So today I decided to do ROP over again, all the way through, this time w/ the 24KG- my nemesis. Sometimes I try and make excuses to myself that I have such a hard time with it b/c pound for pound- its heavy for me. I weigh 152-155lbs. That's bullshit. Fuck that whole line of thought. I won't ever get anywhere with excuses like that. I always talk shit about working out being the place where I take control- so I'm on my way to taking fucking control of that 24KG kettlebell. I have come far enough in my strength to really try ROP with it and you know what- I'm right.

I did day 1 of week 5 today. 3 ladders, 3 rungs each. I fucking at their lunch. The 3rd ladder on the left side was hard but it got done. No failure. Before I started I was scared that I wouldnt get the 3rd rung on the first ladder. Fuck being scared. Im scared enough right now about the rest of my life- I'm not going to be scared of failing w/ the bell. So I went for it and I got it.

Then the snatches 50-60 in 5-6 min. 10r/10L 1 min rest. I cannot do 10 snatches in a row w/ the 24KG on each side and then be able to do some more 1 min later. That isn't scared- that's something I know about me. So instead of being a little bitch and making an excuse for using the 20KG or just not doing it b/c I was tired, I made it my own and did R/L- sets of 3,4,5 & 5,4,4 for a total of 50 reps. I feel good about it. I think I finally just got the corkscrew method down on the snatch descent. It helps my grip a lot with the 24KG.

I'm going through all of ROP this time, no excuses. No giving in, no giving up. It might take me 15 weeks but I'm doing it.

What are you going to do?