Monday, June 9, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

SATURDAY was time to RUN TO THE HILLS like Maiden-

We jogged 1/3 mile and then did 4 rounds 70yrd sprints x 3 and then finished with another 1/3 mile lap so total was 1.28 miles jogged and 1 mile of sprints.

SUNDAY
was hangover workout- UGH. w/ 20KG bell-
1-5 C&P ladder
20 btwn the legs passes
1-5 snatch ladder R/L (not putting down the bell, switching sides in air, 1R/1L, 2R/2L etc)
x 2

that was enough for me, sweated out the whiskey. question, that seems light to quit after just 2 rounds, anyone else think so? i really need an opinion b/c i am not objective enough to be able to tell on my own.

side note- my snatch numbers blow and 30 snatches is the most I have ever done at once. mind you that's changing hands pretty regularly but still. I did 2 sets of 30.. I was happy I could do that. I am going to continue with this ladder program on the snatches and get my #ers really up there.

Leg day today when I get home.

2 comments:

Ryan W said...

Ah snatches... Don't feel bad about that. A while back I decided I was going to work towards the secret service snatch challenge. I haven't pushed myself past 80 reps yet with the 24kg. I switch every 10, and once I hit 80, it takes me a good 5 minutes to get my wind back enough so I can push on. I should probably pace myself. I've also done sets of 40 with 1 minute break which gets pretty tough. Working at snatches is hard, because they tear up my hands worse then anything else.

Anthony C said...

see- for me those #ers are SICK. AND with the 24Kg no less. my #ers w/ the 24KG are pathetic. I try and excuse them by saying I'm a small guy (which I am) but that just feels cheap and weak to me- I dont know.

I'm going to get there though. I did two sets of 30 reps which is more than I have ever done so I'll take that as an accomplishment and a start.

Good luck with your hands. Tracy Rif uses cut up socks over hers, I started doing that and it helps a lot! (though it is outside of RKC protocol)