Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Antys at the office ...

So I did 10 sets of 5R/5L snatches w/ teh 20 BUT... from reading the blog of the illustrious and dedicated Jen B, I thought I would try them how she has been doing them- dead, from the floor.

FUCK THAT.

It was harder. Hence my 5/5 protocol. I got the 100 total done but it wasn't fun (+ I had to loose the dress shoes to get on my heels right).

If people keep not returning my phone calls/emails, I think some 1-5 x 5 C&P ladders are up next.


Another reason why KB's are AWESOME... try getting your Wieder machine or hammer curl bench into your bull pen at work- exactly. Not so easy. But my bell fits fine...

2 comments:

Chris J said...

I had to undo my sleeves (the buttons) and take off my dress shoes to do the push-up test from the 100 push up challenge.

I need to bring a kettlebell into my office, but I'd be too tempted to throw it at people.

Jennifer said...

Try putting the bell about a foot and a half in front of you, squatting to load the quads (kind of like hiking a football), and starting from there. The trick is looking forward the whole time. That's actually the dead start David has me using. Still sucks--just not as badly.
I can't wait to do that 6 week pushup challenge. Maybe I can finally conquer that demon.