Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Its hot...

it is. Yesterday was brutal- like 106 with the heat index. Not used to it yet so short work out.

1 round planks, 20 seconds a side (middle, right, left, middle) into 10 dive bomber push ups

30 yards walking lunges, 30 yards frog leaps back (fuck frog leaps)

60 yards walking frog drops

.... And then pull ups.

I did the most pull ups I have done at once since jr high. I could have done more! But I knew I would be smoked and I wanted to get in more reps.

I did 10 in a row...

[so what, not a huge # but considering I could barely do 6 in a row and yesterday I banged out the first 10 no problem and probably had 4-5 more- I was fucking excited because pull ups have seriously been the bane of my existence. I am not a large man. I should be able to eat pull ups for lunch but they killed me. I hate watching crossfit people destroy pull ups like they are nothing. So we started really doing them and wha-lah! PROGRESS! Imagine that!]

Then I did 9 more. I wanted to ladder down to 1 but after the 9, that was no realistic so I did a 1-5 ladder.

Then we called it QUITS. It was hot and I'm a little bitch.

This morning got up at 6Am with the wife to jog. Did 1.15 miles fast jog. Then sprint 1 block, walk 1 block for the 1.15 miles back to the car. I hated getting out to the boulevard but once we started I am glad I did it. We have decided to do this every Wed and Saturday morning, however on Saturday it will not be at 6AM.

For those that haven't guessed, me running @ 6AM is a very suprising action and the fact that it could become a mini-habit is very very out of character.

2 comments:

leslie said...

You may come to love the morning workout thing. Five months of getting up at 4:45 for boxing camp have converted me from a "gosh those morning workout people sure have dedication, but it's just not me" to someone who LOVES getting my workout in. Plus if you workout in the morning, no reason you can't do another workout in the evening, my intensity-junkie friend! :)

Jennifer said...

Are you kipping the pull-ups? Are the crossfit guys?