Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Late Nite Hype

I got home from a rough day and had a rough evening. I was supposed to hook up with Jonathan @ 6pm to do Firepower and some heavy tire flipping. He called me at 6:15 and said his home improvement sesh took him longer than he expected. I told him that was ok, I was physically and emotionally exhausted and I was going to take the night off.

10PM rolled around and I felt like shit. Felt like all I did all day was drive around and drink sugar free red bull and eat (not actually true but it's how I felt). I remembered reading Sandy Sommer's blog about 11min a day, 1 excercise, strict form workout format he had just posted yesterday. I said fuck, grabbed my portable IPOD dock, the kitchen timer and went outside and grabbed my 24KG bell.

I stood on the second step on the porch, put the bell behind me on the third step, did a warm up set fo 30, set the timer to 11min and got going. All in all I did 185 swings in 12 min. I am not to sad about that. I was mostly doing sets of 30 until the end where I did some sets of 15 and 10 and the last set I tried to finish strong with a set of 25. My forearms were cramping bad at the end and I was totally smoked. 11 min of seriousness with as much attention to form as I could. Setting up like that with me on the second step and the bell on the third really helped me with my swing form. If you're trying to tweak yours or you feel like 1/2way through your workout it goes wonky when you get tired, try that set up and see how it treats you.

No comments: