Sunday, February 15, 2009

Friday & Sat

Friday was another swing day. This time I changed rep style's and got the first hundred swings in about 4 min. Then I started talking to Jonathan who I haven't seen in forever and wound up getting off track a little Got then next 100 swings in about 5 min. All in it would have taken me 9 min to do the 200 swings I did. It's not stellar BUT its a damn site better than it taking 20 min. I did sets of 5, 5 sec rest, 10, 10 sec rest, 15, 15 sec rest and 20, 20 sec rest (5,10,15,20=50) I went through that twice. I stopped at 200 b/c that is about the volume my body is capable of using the 24KG. I'm not happy with my numbers and how I've let them fall so much but I am happy that I met my goal of 2 days this week of a swing workout.

Saturday I ran with the wife. 1.2 miles down at a strong paced jog, 1 min of stretching then 1.2 miles back of interval sprints, sprinting 3/4 a block, walking 1/4 of a block and repeating. walking only 1/4 of the block wrecked me this time and I couldn't finish with the sprints. I had to walk the second to last block and fast jog the last block. If I would have had anything in my stomach of substance, I def would have been puking it up.

I was going to do Firepower today but my legs and hips are so sore from the swings and sprints, I'm thinking off day today making this week a 4 day workout week and I can live with that.

No comments: