Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Monday Makeover

Got back into things yesterday with 4 rounds of a body weight session that was pretty fun and/or hard. I think part of the difficulty came from still being a little sick and it was 104-106 degrees outside with the heat index.

I found some shade and did the following

Push Up Complex
(10 strict-form push ups into 5 ass-to-heel hindu push ups into 5 twisting push ups)
Core work
(R1= 15 single leg raises a la Newport, R2= 3 sets 10-2 descending twists a la Newport, R3= 20 v-ups, R4= 30 sec each Front, L, R planks)
3R/3L single leg deck squats + 2 more regular deck squats
jog to pull up bars
Pull up drill from Coach Maxwells Blog listed on previous entry.


This was hard. The pull ups I did R1 & 2 underhand, R3 overhand, & R4 underhand. I did not do the full protocol which calls for a 10 second hang. I am not there yet. I did 5 second hangs and that was plenty.

Today will be C&P + pull up ladders with the 20KG, focusing on Naked Warrior tension principles and maybe some 24KG snatch practice.

No comments: