Monday, August 24, 2009

DROP and give me 50!

Filthy 50 revisit time, only this time w/ the 24KG.

PROGRESS ladies and gentlemen. I did the filthy 50 yesterday. Haven't done it in a while. I had been suing the 20KG for it b/c the 24KG was just too much on the snatches for me ( i know i know, that's pathetic but true). Yesterday I used the 24KG and I ate it's lunch. I haven't swung a 24KG in over a month and half, all I have been using is the 32KG and comparatively, the 24KG is nothing. Swings were cheese, the snatches were a lot better too. The burpees got a little old by the 4th round but were still doable.

I was pouring sweat by the time I was done and I am really sore today. That workout doesn't look like much on paper and I know there are people who use it for a warm up but it smokes me at that weight. I also COMPLELETY ripped off my callous on the left hand during last round of snatches and now have a HUGE hole in my hand. I have to get to an RKC and work on my snatch grip. Anytime I do more than a handful of snatches with the 24KG my hands get torn to hell.

PS: the Filthy 50 =
5 rounds with 30 sec-1min rest in between
(w/o setting down the bell)
5R/5L swings
5R/5L snatches
10 burpees

No comments: