Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brutal Circuit and Equipment Failure

Did a MEAN circuit yesterday. 3 rounds of the following

push up complex (10 regular, 5 ass-to-heals hindu, 5 twisting)
core work (R1= bicycles, R2=v-ups, R3= front-right-left planks)
2rep-5hold chin up drill
2 double 24KG man-makers
5R/5L renegade rows.

On last rep of the 24KG man maker the bells were not going above my ears so I dropped the bells and stepped back. When the 24KG ADER hit the ground that fucker BROKE! The handle fell right off! WTF! NOT COOL. Not just because I am out a bell, but because that bastard could have broken over my head. 53lbs of solid steel falling on my noggin sounds like a bad time.

Side note, those twisting push ups are brutal on the shoulders and my biceps are destroyed from the 2rep/5hold chin up drills. You don't need sissy-primadonna-curl exercises; two words: CHIN UPS.

4 comments:

Ryan W said...

Crap, I thought those aders were single-cast. I figured they were indestructible.

Anthony C said...

negative captain. that motherfucker cracked clean off at the handles.

Chris J said...

crap. glad it was the ground and didn't fly back at you.

So what are you going to replace it with?

ATOM ANT said...

This may be of some interest to you;
http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competition/Hepburn/Hepburns%20Law/Hepburns%20Law.pdf