Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday morning commin' down

Friday nite I did some random pull up sets with reps of 5, doing regular pull ups and close grip pull ups and 2&2's- probably did 10-12 sets total while I was fucking around in the kitchen. Then I broke up a fist fight between some friends at the house. One them is 6'1" and 280lbs. I threw him by his throat and it worked. Big ups to kettlebells and heavy tire flipping. Even through his drunken belligerent haze, he was surprised at that one.

Saturday I did some random hanging ab work. Leg raises, side raises, etc. 5-8 sets of each, reps of 4-5. I also did some random push ups, random dead-snatches w/ the 16KG, we took the dogs on a 2 mile walk and jogged maybe 1/2 a mile with them. Then we made dinner and went on a bike ride. We probably rode 4-6 miles, not too far but at a brisk pace. I love my bike. I'll post a picture of my rock machine at some point so you can all oogle it from afar.

Made plans to work out this morning at 8AM. I did. I usually don't perform too well in the AM but today was ok despite having gone to bed at 1:30 last nite. We warmed up with a briks 1/3 mile jog and then we did a small circuit for 5 rounds of:

RR 5 per side w/ the 24KG
35 yards kimodo walks
3 550lb tire flips +jump-thru's
sprint 35 yards back.

My friend would go then I would go.

After the 5th set we alternated flipping tire back to the road for 4 more flips each, total.

Those RR's smoked my already-sore abdomen. My entire trunk is pissed but the workout felt great and the day is just beginning.

No comments: