Tuesday, October 21, 2008

2nd time is not so charming at all...

WOW.

For some reason, the second time I do a hard or heavy workout- it's harder. I'm sure it's all in my head but boy- is it in there.

I did the heavy upper body day again with the two 24KG bells.

A1, double C&P ladders 5x -1-2-3
A2, renegade rows

3x3 R/L double windmills.

The presses were harder. I did more push pressing yesterday that the last time. Mostly on the 3rd run, rung 1 and sometimes rung 2 were good, strict presses but almost every rung 3 involved some push pressing.

I did it faster yesterday. Did the whole thing in just under 30 min. Took 2 min break between full sets of A1 & A2. Took about 5-15 sec break between rungs on the ladders (rung 1 getting shorter breaks, rung 2 and 3 getting longer breaks).

Lifting heavy is hard and it is harder in a different way. It doesnt zap you the same way as doing Newport of the Magic 50. In the middle, like on round 3 of the A1/A2 protocol, I am fucking AMPED. I am ready to go, I want to tackle the bells and make it my bitch. By round 5 I feel like standing up is hard and my body feels swollen and puffed up, like my shoulders are going to tear out of my skin. I literally have to focus all of my energy and thought process on cleaning those 2 bells before I press them.

I am excited about this new protocol and excited to see where it takes me. B/c its strength building progress will be slow but when it comes I expect to make some serious gains as a 152lb man.

No comments: