Sunday, September 7, 2008

Serious Saturday

My friend Bonnie came and worked out with me like she's been saying she would for about the last 7 months....

We did a version of one of my favorite circuits- I stepped it up some in her honor.

We did 3 rounds of
R1
ground-up pistols (starting with butt on smal tire and standing up) 5 per leg
jog to 10 pull ups
jog to 3x 550lb tire flips
jog to 15 diamond push ups
jog to 60 yards of small tire drag
here is a pic of Bonnie pulling the small tire (I think it weighs about 90-110-ish. It really is harder that it looks. My legs hate it).


R2
5 shuffle squats into 5 deck squats
jog to 3 corn cob pulls up into 10 hands-together pull ups
jog to 3x550lb tire flips
jog to 30 push ups
jog to 60 yards tire drag

R3
ground up pistols, 5 per leg. i got through 4 on my left and 3 on my right before my legs stopped working. they failed. so i moved over to something higher. I couldnt do it from there either. waited 1 min and got 1 more rep on each leg. then it was over. here is pic of me getting up from last successful pistol from the tire...

jog to 2&2 pull ups al-la-p90X (did 2- so total of 8)
jog to 3x 550lb tire flip
jog to 30 elevated push ups
jog to 60 yard tire drag

Then it was over! We were pretty smoked and we had to put up the tire. After that I showed her some kimodo walks and we did some wheelbarrow walks but it was just screwing around.
It was a great Saturday morning workout and I think I'm going to really start blasting my legs on T & Th... Just an idea.

No comments: