Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Anti-Gym Rat Gym Workout

Got power restored today. Yes.

At the hotel gym Monday evening I got serious and did this-

Ab rounds from AoS Newport with push ups in between (elbows-to-sides, diamond, regular, wide grip, and elevated rep range of 25-30 except diamond w/ rep range of 15)

Then did 3 rounds alternating triple crush with a squat (squat, uncurl, curl, stand, press, behind head tricep extension, back up and to chest =1) w/a 45lb dumbbell and saxon bends 5 per side with 2 10lb dumbbells.

This workout was awesome. I am still sore from it. People looked at me like I was a total mutant.

4 comments:

Chris J said...

did you take your own bells with you. While it's cool to make it a good workout for you, I would have used the opportunity to show off.

Did anyone least ask you about your kettlebells?

leslie said...

I LOVE IT when I get those strange "what the heck are they doing?" looks at the gym! Good for you!

Anthony C said...

i didnt use my bells. just used the 45lb dumb bell that was in the gym. thats why everything else was body weight. they werent ready for the body weight attack or the triple crush squats

Kelly Olexa said...

Anthony!!! Just found your blog and I am LOVING IT. I'm a total KB virgin at this point, I've started incorporating swings with dumbells but now I am sooo wanting to really learn and full incorporate this kind of training with what I already do. Love your attitude and your fire. Way cool. I'll be here every day and will share your blog with my readers!!
Keep it up!!

:-)
K