Monday, February 1, 2010

ok ok ok

so Monday of last week i was in Austin and I got to hang out with my friend Nia while she trained her clients. I got busy in her driveway with her rope and a 24KG bell.

I alternated between 30 seconds of rope, 10 seconds rest, 5 snatches a side, and some sort of core drill (scissor leg raises, v-ups, F/R/L planks). Did this for about 25 min. Then went inside to watch her clients finish.

While inside I got sucked into practicing my C&P's w/ the 24KG. And then I was done.

This apparently did me in b/c the next day I woke up sick.

Didn't do anything else last week until Th and Fri where I got antsy and practiced my push up form. Did about 50 on TH and 40 on Fri.


SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
Stayed with my 5x5 dead lifting routine. This week it was time for 225lbs and that folks is where things got interesting. I almost didn't make my 5x5 with this weight. Maybe it was because I had been sick and it was cold as hell outside or maybe it's because this was the weight where things got hard. I am strongly considering using the weight again this Sunday and if it is as hard, I'll stick with it one more week and if it just goes up, then I know it was because I was recovering from being sick.
Regardless of that stuff- I am FEELING it today. Legs and entire core region are wrecked.
You want harder, stronger core muscles- do heavy dead lifts.

No comments: