Monday, February 15, 2010

The journey officially begins...

Saturday afternoon I met up with Doug at a park by his house and he gave me a crash course run down in what he learned at the HKC certification he attended a few weeks ago.

WOW!

It blew my mind. Doug is going to help me train for the RKC in October and the next 2-3 weeks are going to be a huge mind fuck for me. All I will be doing will be swings and TGU's... the catch is how I will be doing them. REALLY concentrating on form. Half of the TGU's I will be doing won't even have any weight in them.

I will say this though, I was really sore from my time at the park with Doug and the only weight I ever touched was a 16KG bell and I don' think I did more than 20 swings. It was all focused on form and functional movement drills.

It is going to be a wild wild wild 3 weeks. I cannot wait to see what happens on this journey! I am actually anticipating some crazy gains in mobility and strength.

It kicks off today when I get home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool!