Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Movin on Up

Stepped up to sets of 30 swings in ETK yesterday. Still using the 32KG. I made it through 6 sets and then 1 set of 20 for a total of 200 reps in 12 min. That's about 50-60 more than I have been doing in the sets of 20.

Exactly what I thought would happen did- my forearms and wrists gave out before my legs or my lungs did. My legs and my lungs felt it a little more but my forearms and wrists were on FIRE after set 3. I didn't do the active rests in between sets. Instead I paced around and stretched out my wrists and hands. I took about 30 seconds total more rest than what is called for in the protocol- mostly to let my arms/wrists recharge. That's going to be a long battle getting them used to that.

Gonna keep it going, next time for this week I am shooting for 7-8 and next week 8-9. The first time I can hit 8 twice in a row I move to sets of 40. ICK!

No comments: