Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hot

It was hot today, 101 with the ehat index. Trying to get back into the habit of being able to handle the heat. Did AoS Strength in Motion and almost managed to use only the 15 second rest periods for most of it. The heat slowed me down a bit and there 3-4 times during the workout that i pushed the rest to 20-30 seconds. Considering it was my hottest day so far to workout, I'll take it as progress.

So I'm going to write this down as a more concrete thought. I feel like my diet choice as a vegetarian makes it harder for me to gain strength and eat healthy. Part of that might be an excuse I make to myself but I feel like so much of what I eat as a veegetarian is processed- by nature of being what it is its processed. If I ate meat, would I eat better? Probably not. Nutrition and I are odd. Do I eat well? Do I not? I have no idea. The matter is that sometimes I think if I ate grilled or baked lean meats it would do something for me that I am lacking. Who knows.

Opinions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you getting enough protein from other sources (protein shakes, nuts, beans, tofu, etc)?

Have you heard of fitday.com or sparkpeople.com? Its where you can log what you eat and it analyzes how much you are getting of each nutrient. Its free, and might be worth it for you to log what you eat just to see if you are at least getting the daily allowances.

AND, just because you are vegetarian doesn't mean you have to eat processed foods. There are tons of fruits and vegetables out there that are fabulous for you and are not processed. (There are also tons of vegetarian healthy living type blogs with menu ideas..but I'm not sure how much of a cook you are.)

Anthony C said...

Thanks Lola. I cook often actually. I end up using a good amount of meat-replacer type products from Morningstar and Bocca. I also am worried about the effect that eating so much soy has on my testosterone levels. The research on that goes back and forth so I don't know what to beleive.
I did however take your advice and started a fitday page today and have already started tracking what I have consumed today so we shall see how that goes.
How's what I emailed you going?
That TGU lesson is still an open invitation btw...