Monday, January 12, 2009

Optimism and me- a new friendship?

I tried to keep it light on my first day back from being sick and off for 13 days. In my mind it was light, but maybe not, who knows.

Bodyweight HOC. 3 laps= 1 mile. 4 body weight stations through the track. 2 on push ups and 2 on core/ab worlk.

Lap 1: 20 elbows-pinched PU/20 military crunches-20 v-ups/20 slow-form PU/15 alt leg raises a-la-Newport

Lap 2: 15 diamond PU/30 sec front, L, R plank/12 spiderman PU/ 3 sets 10-2 descending twists a-la-Newport

Lap 3: 7 clapping PU/15 R/L standing crunch a-la-newport/5 staggered R/L PU/20 leg scissors-20leg raises


The jogging was at a medium pace. A few times I lost mu wind and I could feel the effects of the bronchitis knocking. I tried to push through and mostly I was successful. On end of lap 2 and during lap 3 i had to stop twice to breath. I also threw up 4 times doing this workout. I thought it was light and not that tough but my body felt it.

I feel GREAT now though. I'm going to do some more running tomorrow and maybe some snatches depending on how my shoulders/neck feel. The meds I am on are giving me awesome muscle cramps and tenderness and my neck/upper shoulder area is really angry about it. Either way I'm doing something.

Back on track and FINALLY getting on top of '09. It's gonna be a great year.

2 comments:

Chris J said...

I question if you're human... that was light? I know I wouldn't be able to make it through that.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't have fun failing though, nor I would I not give it my all.

Anthony C said...

heavy would have been 5-6 laps w/ the 550LB tire at one of the push up stations, a KB at the other push up station, and on of the ab stations would have been turned into a push up station so a lap would look like-

station 1: 3 tire flips
station 2: assorted push ups
station 3: assorted KB drills
station 4: assorted ab/core work

5-6 lap is 1.6-1.92 miles. also remember on these BW drills, i'm a little guy. im pushing adn pulling a lot less weight. from being sick i'm down to 152lbs. thats not a lot to be throwing around. with that in mind, those rep ranges i did on this were pretty cheesy.