Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Getting dirty w/ the filthy 50..

As I have said many times I love/hate this workout from that monster of a man, Ross Ennamit (sp?). It looks soooo simple on paper

5 rounds, 60 second breaks.
5 swings R
5 swing L
5 snatches R
5 snatches L
10 burpees
= a total of 50 reps on all hence the "Magic 50" or the "Filthy 50".

I haven't done this in a while. For whatever reason, my snatches have really improved so the snatches on this no longer bother me (around round 4 they used to kick my in the teeth. This time around swings and snatches throughout the whole thing where 'heh' but those burpees- those damn burpees. Brutal. This time I really stuck with the 60 second break for almost the whole time. After round 4 I was wheezing so bad I had to stop for about 90 seconds. Overall it was great.

I finished up with 3 rounds of bent presses w/ the 20 KG, 2R/2L and TGU singles w/ the 24KG.

I am sore sore sore today and will be resting. I am happy to note that I did get my 5 days in last week on week 2 of the 6 weeks to Glory plan I am on. This is week 3- half way through- and while rolling my ankle last Monday fucked up some of my plans (AoS Firepower and Tire Flipping) I am hoping that by this Sat I'll be able to add in Firepower and by next Monday I will be hanging out with my tire again.

No comments: