Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday I got in my snatches w/ the 24KG and that was it. Was super short on time. 6 sets of 5 per side for a total of 60 snatches.

Saturday I was exhausted from job #2- didn't get off until almost 6AM so dead lifting was moved to Sunday.

Sunday I picked up heavy stuff. It was time for Pavel's 5x5 program. Since I got all 5x5 last week, I added 10lbs this week so it was 192lbs on the ground. I stepped up, got serious and banged those bastards out- all 5 sets of 5 with 5 min breaks between. Waiting the 5 min and resting between sets was easier this time. It was about as hard as last week. I could feel it and it took effort but I definitely had something left in the tank at the end.

The crazy thing about dead lifting is how it just wrecks your WHOLE BODY. I was feeling it almost everywhere when I was finished. The other insane part is I can SEE changes in my composition after only TWO WEEKS! And not just in my thighs and hips, in my friggin biceps of all places. Noticed it this morning while I was getting dressed. I was putting on my shirt for work and did a double take. Since I don't do curls, my biceps aren't very defined. All muscle I have there is from bell work and pull ups/chin ups. But this morning they were noticeably more shaped and bigger. I thought to myself- WTF?!

Today I have to get in my snatches for the day and single pressing ladders. My lower back is still pretty zapped from the DL's Sunday so I will be taking it slow. I took yesterday off entirely and only did some light stretching. Also, the quest to eat more is going decently well. It's gonna be a battle in the long run but I have been achieving that goal for the last 3 days.

1 comment:

Ryan W said...

You will see everything improve as your deadlifts progress. Seriously, that 24kg kettlebell will just get lighter and lighter.