Friday, January 8, 2010

the deal

anyone who has read this for a while (cant imagine why you would) knows that my pressing abilities lack and the 24KG is my nemeses for presses and high rep snatches. that being said- i have a new pressing routine i talked with some friends about yesterday. C&P ladders will move up to 2 days a week, one day a week with single bells and one day a week with two bells. 20KG's.

on top of that. this october i will be in FL for the RKC. i am terrified. its 10 months away but i have no idea how i am going to get ready for the snatch test. that 24KG mocks me. i am starting this month by doing 3-5 sets of 5 per side a day. after one month of that, i will start a more structured building program.

i will go to the RKC in october and i will succeed there. it might not be pretty, but i will do it.

just how to get there....?

7 comments:

Fitgirl-ATX said...

Bro: you registered for the RKC?! Outstanding!! Milestone #1 down :-) I didn't realize that you'd actually signed up for it. Well done!
How are the c&p ladders coming per our chat the other day?

Hang tough!

Anthony C said...

i haven't registered.... yet. need to rob a bank first. actually should get a commission check in next 8 weeks and i will be registering when that check comes in.

yesterday i did 4, 4rung ladders with double 20KG with the pull ups to go along with it. was harder than singles but in different ways. my legs were more fatigued from the tension and i could feel it in my core more... i dont know. i need to see an RKC to prep me for the cert but i need the $ first... ugh.

Chris J said...

I'm jealous. I don't make enough to do the RKC yet, and I want to. But not in shape either.

Josh Hillis had an video on how he followed a pressing routine and failed at it.
http://www.joshhilliscoachingclub.com/theflattireprinciple.html

And some of us do read you regularly, we just don't post much. :)

James said...

Hey, I've been reading your blog for quite awhile now and share your pressing woes. My problems come from previous shoulder injuries more then anything else. My question to you is: Are you eating enough? I notice a huge difference when I consume large amounts of good protein and calories. Depening on your frame, you probably won't get huge or anything but you can definitely get stronger. Just a thought.

Good for you on trying to get your RKC. Someday I'll try for that, right now, like you, I don't have the cash. Take care.

Unknown said...

A, my email is kristianeyman@gmail.com thanks for the offer!!

Unknown said...

A, my email is kristianeyman@gmail.com thanks for the offer!!

Anthony C said...

thanks guys.
james- i def DON'T eat enough and I am working on that. especially with all the heavy dead lifting I am now incorporating into my weekly routine.